- (Easter (song)) Easter is an album by the Patti Smith Group, released in March 1978 on Arista Records (see 1978 in music).
- (Easter Song) Easter Song is a Contemporary Christian song that simply and joyfully tells of Jesus Christ’s resurrection and the elation Christians feel about this resurrection on Easter.
- perform a special church rite or service for; “church a woman after childbirth”
- A particular Christian organization, typically one with its own clergy, buildings, and distinctive doctrines
- A building used for public Christian worship
- The hierarchy of clergy of such an organization, esp. the Roman Catholic Church or the Church of England
- one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- a place for public (especially Christian) worship; “the church was empty”
easter songs for church – The Song
Sacred texts from Wesley’s Redemption Hymns and Resurrection Hymns are particularly well suited to the themes of Lent and Easter. Selections from both these collections are featured in the volume, including “Love Divine, All Loves Excelling,” as well as hymns, such as “Christ the Lord is Risen Today,” drawn from a wider selection of Wesley’s works.
The hymns are arranged around themes tied to scriptural texts proper to each day. Each of the fiftyfour meditations includes a biblical text, the Wesley hymn selection (with a recommended tune for singing from the Episcopal Hymnal 1982), a brief meditation, and a prayer for the day. Suggestions are also provided for the use of these materials in a pattern of either Morning or Evening Prayer.
Charles Wesley (1707-1788), an Anglican priest and one of the greatest hymn writers in the history of the church, produced some 9,000 hymns and sacred poems.
The Songs for each week are:
1. Livin’ on a prayer
2. Keep the Faith
3. Wanted(Dead or Alive)
4. Something to Believe In.
It is gonna rock and I want the design to communicate the awesomeness of using Bon Jovi to communicate the message of Christ!
BTW – If you couldn’t tell I am a huge Bon Jovi fan and this series was my brain child. That my pastor trusted my judgment in doing this is either brilliant or very dumb. We shall see, Buuwwaahahahah!
Easter media package
easter songs for church
Traditional songs of the Russian Orthodox Church. The first 16 track son this CD refers to the period of Lent. The music is very subdued with elements of the so-called “Griegievskieho razspievu” which can be compared with elements of Gregorian chants. These beautiful pieces create a unique atmosphere compounded by the use of Old Orthodox Church language. The second part of the disc is devoted to the songs celebrating Orthodox Passover. They are very joyful songs that commemorate a resurrection of the Lord Jesus.